Sri Lanka Medical Association of North America was formed in 1996 as a volunteer, non-profit, non-political, non-denominational, tax exempt organization with the sole purpose of providing charitable & humanitarian services related to healthcare in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka Medical Association of North America East was formed in 2003 under the parent organization, SLMANA Inc. In 2009 we extended our mission to have projects in the United States which at present include free health education, free health screenings and participation in IRB approved research.
- Provide funds and equipment urgently needed in hospitals and other institutions that care for the sick & needy in Sri Lanka.
- Advance education of health care professionals in Sri Lanka with grants and scholarships, and provide equipment to libraries and clinical facilities.
- Provide needed assistance in times of natural disasters such as relief medical teams.
- Advance medical knowledge sharing among health care professionals.
- Promote medical research among members.
- Promote health and well being through health education and health screenings in the United States.